An easy pasta recipe perfect for just one on a weeknight with tangy balsamic and pockets of sweet cherry tomatoes and creamy parmesan cheese.
Author: Jayme and Jessica Kauffman
Recipe Type: Main
Serves: 1 large serving
- 3oz Rigatoni
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 8oz Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ? C. Good Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ C. Parmesan Cheese
- 3-4 Basil leave, torn
- In a pot of boiling water, cook rigatoni about 2 mins shy of the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat up garlic with olive oil on medium heat.
- Once the garlic starts to become fragrant, about 2-3 mins, add in the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
- Saute until the tomatoes have cooked down and the balsamic vinegar has reduced, about 10 mins.
- Add in the cooked pasta with a tbsp of the pasta water. Toss to combine.
- Turn off the heat and add in parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.